The advantages and disadvantages of biofuel:
- Biofuels reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Biofuels are a lot less expensive than gas
- Biofuels are easily produced by trees, woodland, waste, manure etc.
- Biofuels can be produced locally, which decreases the nation’s dependence on foreign energy
- When biofuels are burned, they produce significantly less carbon output and fewer toxins, making them a safer alternative to preserve atmospheric quality and lower air pollution.
- To refine biofuels to more efficient energy outputs, and to build the necessary manufacturing plants to increase biofuel quantities, a high initial investment is often required.
Source – Green Living